EILAT MAZAR’S PLAN OF SOLOMON’S FORTIFIED GATE COMPLEX. The black walls were exposed in the Hebrew University excavations led by Benjamin Mazar and, later, by his granddaughter Eilat Mazar. The gray areas represent foundation walls. The blue and green walls are based on descriptions and drawings from Charles Warren’s explorations in 1867. These structures now lie beneath a modern road, except for a small piece of the Corner Turret, shaded in black, which was discovered during Eilat Mazar’s earlier excavations. Kathleen Kenyon’s SII excavation is shown in yellow, while the plans’s dashed lines indicate reconstructed wall lines.