RESTORED EDICULE. The Edicule in the rotunda of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre has gone through several phases of rebuilding: In the 11th century, marble cladding was added. In the 16th century, it was rebuilt as a small building that encased the tomb. After suffering fire damage in the 19th century, it was rebuilt again. Then, after being damaged by an earthquake in 1927, steel girders were added to hold it together (shown here).