Zev Radovan

On March 14, 1952 they found the Copper Scroll on a rock shelf along an interior wall near the entrance of Cave 3 (at left in the photo, compare with previous photo). Although this cave also contained the remains of 40 jars and 26 lids, the other scrolls found here were very fragmentary because the cave roof had collapsed, breaking the jars and exposing the scrolls within to the elements.